Have You Built a Business or Created a Job?
Ensuring you are on the right track to financial freedom
Many small business owners fall into the trap of building a business so entirely dependant on them it would not survive if they were unable to work. They have not built a business rather, they’ve created themselves a job. Think about it. What’s the sole purpose of a business? Of your business? It’s to give you more life. That’s the only thing most of us want from our businesses—more life! And unless your business is built to do that, it will consume your life.
Look at the majority of small business owners. They toil seven days a week, many times 12-14 or more hours a day. Doing it, doing it, doing it. Hoping one day to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. Most business owners are actually enslaved by their businesses. They’re anything but free. It’s little wonder the majority of small businesses fail. And those that do survive fail to reach their true potential.
Here are five ways you can determine if you have built a business or created a job:
- If you fell ill and could not work for a period of time, the business and the people who work in the business could carry on with minimal interruption.
- The business can be sold and will run successfully without you in it.
- You have a clear picture in your mind of what the business will look like and how it will act when it is finally done. You’ve shared that vision with your employees.
- You have a 3-5 year plan and are working on implementing your marketing, product, and financial strategies.
- You are able to take extended vacations and can decide not to come into the office on the spur of the moment with no negative impact on business performance.
In this series of articles we’ll offer tips on how you can ensure you are indeed on your way to building a successful business;
- How to build a unique UCD to ensure you stand out
- How to make sure your business and your team succeed
- How to manage your time wisely
- The key principles to success
- How to win more of your favorite customers
About Our Consulting Services
We’re not your average advisory firm. Far from it. Our membership in the Principa Alliance means you have access to the collective knowledge, expertise and unique tools of an international network made up of hundreds of professionals who specialize in consulting to small and medium-sized businesses, just like yours.
When you add to that our experience, support and guidance, you can be confident you’ll have all the help you need to make your business truly extraordinary.
Our goal is to help you build a stronger, more profitable business, so you can enjoy greater financial freedom and a higher quality of life as a result. Call us for your “Complimentary Business Performance Review” (a $500 value).
Beyond The Bean Counter...
“Do what you do best”... an old adage but one with merit. A business doesn’t start itself and rarely grows itself. It takes an entrepreneurial spark, devotion, hard work and the wearing of many hats. Unfortunately not all the hats fit comfortably, that is when you hit the “growth wall”.
What sets us apart is our business experience and acumen. Our professional staff have worked on both sides of the business table and for this reason, are considered a valued members of our clients’ management team.
Greg Short, CA, has held senior management positions in both in public and private businesses. His strength is in Strategic Planning and Succession Planning, combined known as “Wealth Care”.
Give me a call ..... “I’ll buy the coffee.”
We can help you build a business that works without you. Ask us how to get started today.